LIFE IN NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL, ENUGU CAMPUS || 20 QUESTIONS WITH MOSES AGEGENU.

January 01, 2020



Happy New Year everyone. Last year I started the "Life in Nigerian Law School" series but I decided to take a break after posting the first three post, but now I am back.

So before we get started, lets do a minor recap on the three campuses I have blogged on. You can simply click on the links below to get all caught up.



Today, we are going all the way down to the East; Enugu Campus.

Let's begin.

  Ø  Hello, Please Introduce yourself to the readers
               Hello Readers, I am Moses Oluwasegun Agegenu



  Ø  What university did you attend?

I attended Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye Ogun State


  Ø  How did you feel when you found out you were posted to Enugu Campus?

After checking my posting and I discovered I was posted to Enugu I was extremely pissed off because I never thought I would find myself there because I didn’t even choose Enugu at all. It was all surreal.


  Ø  Was it easy locating your campus?

Locating my campus was very easy, I dropped at Holy Ghost (a place in Enugu) and boarded a cab straight to School. Locating the campus is actually very easy, I am sure that if any of you get posted to Enugu Campus, you would not have any difficulties locating the campus.


  Ø  How was your first week on campus, did you experience any difficulties?
My first week on campus was not too smooth, you know settling down isn’t usually easy (maybe it is in other campuses) but after about two days I was finally settled.


  Ø  What is the most preferred means of transportation? What is the transport fare from the airport?

The most preferred means of transportation was a cab charter either alone or with other interested students, from the airport I think it cost about 4000 Naira or more for a charter to Augustine Nnamani Campus.


  Ø  How was your registration process?

The registration process was okay and not too stressful. I think it took me about two or three days to complete everything.


  Ø  How were the hostels like in your campus? Were there different sizes of hostels? How many people in a room?

In my campus there are 3 hostels, Adam & Eve (has a mixture of both male and female), Snake Island (Male Only) and Blue Roof (male and female). There are G Executive rooms and Classic rooms too (these ones are based on maybe Connect or Maybe payment I am not sure and it’s usually one or two per room). For the regular rooms like ours
😀 it was Five people in a room. I was not impressed with that but I had no choice. I think the population in Enugu Campus this year was a lot more than normal. Also, before we left for externship, our DGG was changed to Mrs. Stanley Idum and she promised a lot of changes in the hostels. We could already see most of these changes when we resumed for third term as majority of our hostels had been changed and the occupants were glad. I wish she had come earlier. The next set of law students to come to Enugu campus would enjoy all these new changes done in the hostels. 


  Ø  Did you bond with your roommates easily?

Yes, I bonded with them easily. A friend of mine from my University, two others from Delta state University and a Cameroonian 😅 it was really fun because he really loved Yoruba language and was always listening to Tope Alabi while trying to speak the Yoruba language too.


  Ø  Were contrabands allowed in the hostel? If yes, what kind of contrabands?

Generally, I think contrabands were not allowed but you know students now; we will surely go against the rules. Irons, boiling kettles etc. were not allowed but there were students who had them in possession. Just don’t let them catch you with any contraband.


  Ø  How were the lectures and lecturers in your campus? What time did lectures begin and end?

The lectures were interesting and not stressful except on few days like Wednesday’s (they love to waste our time
😁) The lecturers were nice too and I think the most loved was Dr Sa’ad. We call him Alhaji ( he taught Corporate Law Practice, very funny and brilliant lecturer) I miss him so much 😫. Lectures starts by 9 am everyday and ends by 1:30 pm (our review ends by 11:30, we go on a 30 mins break and then by 12 pm the class activities begin).



  Ø  In class, were people assigned individual seats or you can seat wherever you like? What is the repercussion of not seating on your assigned seat?

At first students were assigned personal seats according to their groups, but we all stood against it because it became something else, imagine a student because of the seat already allocated comes to class by 9 am and you have been around since 8 am but couldn’t locate a good seat. We complained and decided that we should all seat anywhere we wanted. Friends kept seats for each other though. I sat in House of Lords (back seat) for a very long time before I moved to House of Commons.


  Ø  How was your reading pattern? Did you have any time to read after lectures each day?

My reading pattern was cool, after class every day I eat and sleep then, I attend group meeting which was between 5pm and 7pm, After that I do night reading till light out (12 am). On weekends I read all day but sleep or relax at interval.
Of course, the pattern changed few weeks to Bar Finals (shit got serious mehn 😨)


  Ø  Let’s talk about the dress code, what was the dress code like in your campus? Were there any strict rule on dressing to class?

The dress code in my campus was strictly black and white, even the colors prescribed by rules of professional conduct for legal practitioners like blue was not allowed. But you know we will always find our way as students nah
😂 I rocked my blue suit nicely.  


  Ø  How was the food like in your campus? Were there varieties of food vendors on campus? Was food affordable or expensive?

There were lots of food vendors in my campus (Anambra Kitchen, Aunty Lizzy, Awka Cross, Unique Lagos, Sisi Eko, Dickson, to mention a few) The food was sold per plate and it cost 300 Naira at first before it was reduced to 250 Naira few days before we left for externship.


  Ø  How was your social life while in NLS? Were they any fun hang out spots?

Social life
😢 majority of them don’t have the vibe, I think they were just focused on reading but I didn’t allow that oooo. My friends were the best, the ones from OOU (my university) and the ones from Unilag (they are the best and they got the vibes ). We took time out of campus to relax and see the beautiful Enugu City. There are cool spots on campus too but it’s used mainly for group discussions and errrrmmmmmm 🤐🤐. Enugu has lots of undeveloped tourist centers like Ezeagu waterfall,Awhum Monastery, Pine Wood Forest and National Museum of Unity to mention a few .


  Ø  Tell us about your externship? Did you enjoy your court and law office placement?
The externship program was fun but it was basically for reading so it was not filled with too much activity. I was posted to the chief magistrate court 1 iyaganku and it was really fun but my law firm was errrmmmm 🤐 okay too.


  Ø  How were your exams?
The exams were fine we have done our best, now we wait on God to help us and make the markings favor us.


  Ø  What advice can you give to new NLS Students?

The only advice is Sleep, Eat, Pray, READ and Relax.


  Ø  Can the readers contact you for further information? If yes, how can they do it?

I can be contacted on:
Instagram @his_nameismoses
Twitter @mosesagegenu

Thank You!



No comments:

COPYRIGHT © 2017 PASE OMOBOLANLE. Powered by Blogger.