EVENT || BOLE FESTIVAL || MY EXPERIENCE AT THE BOLE FESTIVAL 2018.

August 05, 2018



Hey guys, welcome back to my blog. If this your first time here, you are also welcome and I hope I get you hooked to my blog.

I know I have been away for a really long time and I owe it all to school and its time consuming nature, but luckily I am now a graduate. LL.B (hons) in the bag.

So straight to today's post.

I attended the famous and the most talked about event in Port Harcourt. The annual Bole Festival.
For those of you who do not know about this festival, let me do a quick history of the festival.

HISTORY OF BOLE FESTIVAL
The bole festival is an annual food festival held each year in Port Harcourt. It is a social event where people from all over come to have fun, meet people and most of all, eat some good old Port Harcourt bole (roasted plantain) and fish.

The event is aimed at promoting and showcasing rich and unique preparations of roasted indigenous delicacies.

THE EVENT
The event was held at the Obi Wali International Conference Centre in Port Harcourt. The event started by 12pm and ended by 12am.


I bought a ticket at the gate for the sum of 1000 Naira.

I got there by past 1pm and to my surprise a lot of people were already there but the event had not fully started. The stage was still being prepared but the vendors were all set and ready to sell their products. 



Sadly, I came alone because all my friends cancelled at the last minute. But luckily as I walked in, I met two people ( a guy and a girl) and we clicked almost immediately. we started chatting and walking around from one vendor stall to another.


Gisting about random stuffs.


We did a lot of window shopping and we ended up getting drinks, doughnuts and I got cotton candy because it has been a while since I've had one. 

I had the pineapple drink. I did not really enjoy it because it tasted a bit bitter but it was chilled.

The making of my cotton-candy. I was super eager for it. 
Hey sexy!!
Can you tell how happy I was?




Did I mention that the snacks were sold at subsidized prices. The doughnut was so delicious. 

Unfortunately, I didn’t take pictures of some of the amazing vendors that were there. They sold clothes, jewelleries, pastries, perfume oils and lots more

There was this lady who sold nice Ankara pieces. I wanted to get an Ankara bum-short from her but my size was unavailable. I hate the fact that I didn't bother asking for her number.


This was the only vendor's store I took a picture of. This was because I was admiring a cute brown slippers on the table. 

THE FOOD
As it is a food festival, you were sure to see lots of food especially bole. A whole area was dedicated to the sale of just bole and fish. As a foodie, I was there to admire, eat and take lots of pictures. 

The food at the festival was so tempting. I am not even talking about the scrumptious snacks and drinks that was there. The Bole and fish were so appealing to the eyes, I literally wanted to get it all but because of the way my account balance is set, I just respected myself and got what I could.

The chicken was so spicy, just how I like it. 








MY VERDICT
I really enjoyed myself at the festival. Sadly, I had to leave early.

I met a lot of people. Made new friends and most of all, I ate the best bole I have ever had.

I can honestly say that the people who organised the festival really put in so much effort and time. It was definitely worth the hype.

I hope I would be able to attend next year’s own because I am sure it would be better than this year’s festival.

Also, I think I just need to add this. Port Harcourt girls are fineeeeee and so sexy.  If you see the different kind of beauties that graced the festival, you would think it was a beauty pageant.

PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!!!!!










Thanks for reading.

You can follow me on 
IG @omobolanlepase
TWITTER @paseomobolanle
YOUTUBE @ I AM PASE

Byeeee




5 comments:

  1. This was so well written Bola. And your pictures are 🔥.
    Looks like a lot of fun. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear.

      It was so much fun. You have to be there next year

      Delete
  2. I bet I saw you at Bole festival but I didn't know that 3 months later we'd connect as lifestyle bloggers!Lol. I had fun at Bole festival but the only thing I didn't like was the crowd. I love your blog ❤
    www.growingwomanblog.com

    ReplyDelete

COPYRIGHT © 2017 PASE OMOBOLANLE. Powered by Blogger.