LIFE IN NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL, BAYELSA CAMPUS || 20 QUESTIONS WITH AJENIFUJA AYOTOMIWA.

September 25, 2019




Hey guys, welcome back to my blog. If this is your first time here you are also welcome. Today we are going to continue with our "Life in Nigerian Law School series". I promised you that I will be posting one each week so here goes.

This week is all about Bayelsa campus.

Lets begin!!

  Ø  Hello, Please Introduce yourself to the readers
               I am Ajenifuja Ayotomiwa. 


  Ø  What university did you attend?

I attended Olabisi Onabanjo University Ogun State.

  Ø  How did you feel when you found out you were posted to Bayelsa Campus?

Finding out about being posted to Nigerian Law School Yenagoa Campus was disheartening at first to be very honest and I actually did cry because I didn't see myself being posted there.



  Ø  Was it easy locating your campus?

It was quite easy locating my campus because it is a well-known place in that geographical area and it was easy to notice due to the big inscription of ‘Nigerian Law School’ at the top of the main gate.


  Ø  How was your first week on campus, did you experience any difficulties?

My first week on campus was terrible, like I hated the place so much that it actually did affect my stay during the first week because I had to be in the common room pending the completion of my registration, I found it so difficult to cope in the "Common Room".


  Ø  What is the most preferred means of transportation? What is the transport fare from the airport?

I think I'll stick with travelling by road because there's no airport in Bayelsa so coming to Bayelsa from any state by Air means you will have to stop at Port Harcourt airport then get a taxi to transport you down to Bayelsa and I find that quite stressful.


  Ø  How was your registration process?

Registration process was 'easy' according to the people I met there, but when it got to my turn, I spent four good doing it thanks to law school site which was being upgraded then so it disturbed the person in charge of registration to confirm if I was truly posted to Yenagoa campus so I do not have any issue during exams. After that, everything else was quite stress-free.


  Ø  How were the hostels like in your campus? Were there different sizes of hostels? How many people in a room?

The rooms in my hostel were quite nice, we were 5 in a room and some other rooms 4 depending on the size. Once the room got filled the people who resumed late had to stay in the common room and some the executive hostel which was a different building from the school hostel itself.


  Ø  Did you bond with your roommates easily?

Yes, I did bond with my roommates, they actually are the coolest set of sisters I made there considering the fact that it was my first time staying in a hostel because I lived outside school during my university days and didn't have the opportunity to share a room with anyone.



  Ø  Were contrabands allowed in the hostel? If yes, what kind of contrabands?

Contraband's like irons and boiling rings were not allowed, but you know how students can be. Lol. We still found a way to sneak it in.
  

  Ø  How were the lectures and lecturers in your campus? What time did lectures begin and end?

Lectures in Bayelsa campus was okay and the lecturers were also very friendly with us and made sure we understood what we were being taught and they made sure we did not feel stupid when asking questions in class. We start lectures by 9am and end by 4pm depending on the topic of the day though sometimes we close earlier than 4pm.


  Ø  In class, were people assigned individual seats or you can seat wherever you like? What is the repercussion of not seating on your assigned seat?

We were not assigned individual seats, as a matter of fact, we were allowed to sit wherever we wanted but the rules changed at a particular time when a student complained about our sitting arrangement and our DDG decided to assign seats to individuals according to our various group which was assigned to us during registration and anyone who went against this arrangement, was penalized. After a while of sticking to the rules and it didn't help matters at all, we all starting sitting the way we liked in class.


  Ø  How was your reading pattern? Did you have any time to read after lectures each day?

Reading pattern for me when I resumed in November was more like” read anytime you like” and I did not read immediately after class each day but as exams were getting closer, I'm sure we all know what happens at such a stage. Lol.


  Ø  Let’s talk about the dress code, what was the dress code like in your campus? Were there any strict rule on dressing to class?

Dress code was the normal White and black. White cotton shirt and black trousers with a black tie, black soaks and a black pair of shoes for the guys. For the ladies, a white shirt or camisole, with a black skirt and a black pair of shoe or a plain black gown and a black pair of shoe. On Fridays, a native attire or any corporate outfit of your choice not necessarily black and white though.



  Ø  How was the food like in your campus? Were there varieties of food vendors on campus? Was food affordable or expensive?

The food was okay and quite nice too and we had different food vendors not many but it was an average amount of vendors and the food were all affordable.


  Ø  How was your social life while in NLS? Were they any fun hang out spots?

Uhmmmm, my social life on the campus was a 5 out of 10 and this is because I am not the social type so I wasn't so interested in finding out if there were other forms of fun hang out spots.


  Ø  Tell us about your externship? Did you enjoy your court and law office placement?

Externship was great and interesting too, I learnt almost all that was expected to learn and also met lawyers who played different roles in my life during this period. I enjoyed both my court and chamber attachment.



  Ø  How were your exams?

My exams were all good thanks to God almighty and I hope that the outcome of everything I did in my exams are fruitful.


  Ø  What advice can you give to new NLS Students?

My advice to New NLS students is to encourage them and let them know that they should go to law school with the mindset of learning from both lecturers and students, meet new people, bond, never look down on anyone and also aspire to make it at ONCE.


  Ø  Can the readers contact you for further information? If yes, how can they do it?

Readers can contact me through my Instagram handle @thormeewah17

Thank you and all the best.

That is it for today guys. Till next week. byeeee

Want to stay in touch? Follow me on 
Twitter @paseomobolanle
Instagram @omobolanlepase
I am always active and I also always follow back.


No comments:

COPYRIGHT © 2017 PASE OMOBOLANLE. Powered by Blogger.